The Pacific Northwest: Past, Present and Future (5th Edition)
The updated textbook is presented in a regional format, discussing the history of Washington, Oregon and Idaho. The Pacific Northwest: Past, Present and Future, 5th Edition - Textbook, emphasizes the major geologic events, geographic aspects, historical trends, demographic patterns, cultural diversity, governmental organization, socioeconomic development, recreational opportunities, and environmental concerns for the Pacific Northwest region.
This textbook clearly fulfills the academic content and mandated requirements for high school graduation. It exceeds Washington's rigorous K-12 Social Studies EALR standards and benchmarks for Certificate of Mastery. Likewise this text meets the statewide adoption standards for Oregon and Idaho. Each chapter begins with a two-page format that emphasizes important items germane to the chapter: Current Issues Update, Keys to Understanding, and an Overview.
The book contains informative charts, detailed maps, special topic vignettes, biographical sketches, complete timelines, historic paintings, archival photos, 3-D graphs, and more than 400 vivid color photos of the Pacific Northwest. Also included for the student's educational benefit are challenging student activities, a comprehensive index, and an informative glossary of terms and key concepts.
- Product: Book (Textbook/Student Edition)
- Title: The Pacific Northwest: Past, Present and Future, 5th Edition - Textbook
- Author: Dale A. Lambert
- ISBN 10: 0-939688-38-7
- ISBN 13: 978-0-939688-38-8
- Publisher: Directed Media Inc.
- Publication Date: 2006
- Edition: Fifth
- Printed: United States of America
- Material: Hardbound Book
- Size: 8.75" (w) x 11.25" (h) x 1.13" (d)
- Weight: 3.9 lbs.
- Format: Color with Black and White Photographs
- Number of Pages: 512 Pages; 6 Units and 22 Chapters
- Age Level: Secondary (7th-12th Grade)
Other Books by Dustin Clark
Other Books by Dale Lambert