Washington: Our Land, Nuestra Tierra - Teachers ManualRegular price $99.95
Word of McReynolds’ bilingual curriculum spread quickly after an official from OSPI visited her classroom and witnessed her materials firsthand. Soon after, she was approached by the Office of Secondary Education for Migrant Youth and asked to serve on a committee to develop material for a new Washington State history course for the Portable Assisted Study Sequence (PASS) program. With a nod of approval from the committee and OSPI, McReynolds’ materials were shared with bilingual teachers statewide before final revisions were made. McReynolds incorporated the feedback by setting readability at the 7th to 8th grade level and by deliberately placing the languages side-by-side within the text. The new layout would enhance understanding by allowing students to look back-and-forth between the two languages. In 2003, Washington: Our Land, Nuestra Tierra Teachers Manual was published by Directed Media. The Teachers Manual satisfies the Essential Academic Learning Requirements (EALRs) established by the State Board of Education.
- Product: Binder/Manual
- Title: Washington: Our Land Nuestra Tierra - Teacher's Manual
- Author: Sarita McReynolds
- ISBN 10: 0-939688-55-7
- ISBN 13: 978-0-939688-55-5
- Publisher: Directed Media Inc.
- Publication Date: 2003
- Edition: First
- Printed: United States of America
- Material: 3-Ring Binder
- Size: 10.0" (w) x 11.5 " (h) x 1.5" (d) - (3-Ring Binder)
- Size: 8.5" (w) x 11.0" (h) - Reproducible Pages
- Weight: 2.5 lbs.
- Format: Black and White
- Number of Pages: 115 - Five Units in English and Five Units in Spanish
- Age Level: Secondary (7th-12th Grade) - Instructional Resource Materials for Secondary ESL Teachers