The Pacific Northwest: Past, Present and Future CD-ROM (4th Edition)Regular price $64.95
Includes one digital The Pacific Northwest: Past, Present and Future, Fourth Edition - Textbook on compact disk/cd. The digital media version is an exact replica of the information provided in the printed textbook. The digital textbook is available to educators on compact disk only, unless permission is granted by the publisher for access to digital downloads with a specially assigned per student licensing agreement.
The Pacific Northwest: Past, Present and Future, Fourth Edition is a revision of the top selling Third Edition. According to the author, Dale Lambert, “Philosophically, the academic goal of the book is to develop and nurture the students’ regional awareness, appreciation, and understanding of the Pacific Northwest.”
The book is organized into seven units with 24 chapters followed by the Glossary and Index. The seven units include
- Unit One: The Region’s Physical Environment
- Unit Two: Early Human History
- Unit Three: 19th Century Settlement
- Unit Four: A Century of Socio-Economic Progress
- Unit Five: The People
- Unit Six: The Region’s Economy
- Unit Seven: Forecasting the Future
Each chapter begins with a bulleted list of key items discussed in that particular chapter.
Student activities conclude each chapter except Chapter 23 and Chapter 24.
Current Issues and Possible Solutions
The student activities have three basic parts:
A. Developing Vocabulary Skills - important basic and enrichment terms
B. Developing Map Skills - use and interpretation of maps
C. Understanding Concepts - student questions stressing the central ideas within the chapter.
The activities are designed to increase the student's depth of understanding, expand the learning experience, and challenge the capable student to see the Pacific Northwest's relationship with the rest of the nation and the world.
The book contains 60 maps and hundreds of historic photographs, supplements, diagrams, climatographs, artist depictions, timelines, vignettes, and charts. The vignettes emphasize some human aspect or discuss a topic in greater depth. The history chapters begin with a complete chronological sequence of major events noted in the timeline. Statistical and informational charts provide instant reference for the reader without having to seek the information elsewhere. In all cases the most recent data available was used.
The maps are appropriately dispersed throughout the text. The reader will appreciate the proximity of the maps to the narrative discussion of the topic. Each end-of-chapter activity includes a series of map interpretations. The maps help with spatial understanding for the reader.
- Product: Digital Book (Textbook/Student Edition)
- Title: The Pacific Northwest: Past, Present and Future
- CD-ROM Author: Dale A. Lambert
- ISBN 10: 0-939688-45-X
- ISBN 13: 978-0-939688-45-6
- Publisher: Directed Media Inc.
- Publication Date: 1998
- Edition: Fourth
- Printed: United States of America
- Material: CD-ROM (Digital Textbook)
- Size: 5.5" (w) x 5.0" (h) x 0.25" (d)
- Weight: 0.04 lbs.
- Format: Digital Media
- Number of Pages: 474
- Pages Age Level: Secondary (9th-12th Grade)
Other Books by Dale Lambert
- Washington: Past and Present (1st edition)
- Washington: Past and Present - Teachers Manual (1st edition)
- Washington: A State of Contrasts (1st and 2nd editions)
- Washington: A State of Contrasts - Teachers Manual (1st and 2nd editions)
- The Pacific Northwest: Past, Present and Future (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th editions)
- The Pacific Northwest: Past, Present and Future - IRP/Manual (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th editions)